Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Not so E-Z



It’s a pretty simple concept – you drive your car at less than 11 miles per hour into a box. You then wait for a light to turn green and you move forward in traffic. Sometime later in the month you receive an email notification that your bank account was charged for the privilege of driving on that stretch of road. Obviously I am very simply describing
E-ZPass. About 2 months ago I received a violation notice in the mail that I had gone through an E-ZPass lane without a device. I should state here that my E-ZPass device is plastered to my car’s windshield and has rarely ever moved. On this particular day I had used it three other times in addition to the “pass” through this toll plaza, and so it was a suspect charge from the start. I looked up my account online which notates every transaction with the date and time of the “pass”. I noted that I had been charged for the “pass” just seconds after the violation claims I went through the plaza without it. I called E-ZPass and they told me to send a copy of the statement (because they claimed they had no exposure to any accounts) to them to clear it up. I did that and was told that this would clear my incident. Yesterday I got home from work and received another violation on a different day – but this time stating that this was a second violation (and so I can assume the first one was never handled properly). It was the same toll plaza and same lane. I looked online again and sure enough I was charged for the toll 2 seconds earlier than the violation on my statement. I will call them once again and try faxing my evidence this time and see if I get a different result...one that is E-Z'er.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home