Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to My Man!



Happy Birthday to my sweetie! My partner Michael turns the big…oops - maybe I’m not supposed to share age here…but let’s just say he is celebrating his birthday today. For his birthday we are going to see
U2 at Madison Square Garden tonight.

Michael and I met on
PlanetOut in May of 2000. We chatted online for a week or so then met for our first date on Monday, June 5, 2000. We decided to meet across the street from where he worked, the Bryant Park Grill. It was love at first sight - honestly. I was mesmerized by his cute face and red hair. We had a wonderful dinner, both of us struggling to keep up the conversation as we were both so nervous. After dinner, Michael had to go back to his office to get his backpack and so we walked up. When he got his stuff together, he turned around in the office and looked at me and said “Would you mind if I kissed you right now?” My heart was racing and I blurted an emphatic “Not at all”. It was a smooth, soft, and delicious kiss. From that point forward I was addicted to Michael’s taste and touch. The date ended with us in Central Park sitting on a bench at the south end of the Great Lawn and passionately making out for hours. We created such a stir that two police officers on bikes kept circling around us, clearly wondering what we were up to (or maybe afraid of what else we were looking to be up to). The date ended with us both going to our respective apartments and looking forward to our next date. I slept very little that night and feel luckier each day for having had the opportunity.

3 Comments:

Blogger GrooveTheory said...

Awwww!! I want one too! See, this is what I'm saying about online dating. It could work! But, it just doesn't work for me ... sadly :( One day, I'll get it right though. Happy Birthday to your man!

10:51 AM  
Blogger JMG said...

Men born on October 10th are the hottest things ever!

(whistling, checking date on driver's license...)

-Joe

2:45 PM  
Blogger Lone_Wolf said...

Just another reason why birthdays are so special ... congrats to the both of you ...

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home